Giving up Facebook for Lent

Today marks the 6th day of Lent.  40 days of which we are suppose to sacrifice something in which we enjoy as pentance as Jesus Christ did for us.

As a family we always share with each other what we will be giving up.  Normally the kids pick something they know they can stick to like cookies or chips.  This year after much thought I am giving up Facebook. It will be so good for me, and so far it has been.

I sit here at my stepsons dentist appointment staring out the window at the beautiful snow falling.  Pondering upon life and what the day will bring. With Facebook in my hand at all times aka: my cell phone. I am never dazing out the window.   I am checking in with random aquantences I never talk to in my real life because i am bored.  Without this option, so far, I have found myself happier!  I think about life, memories and things I need to do today.


No I am also not giving up laundry!  LOL!  My family got nervous.  
I am making a promise to be better and more efficient at it.  

Wether you are Catholic or not, sometimes taking a break on things that seem difficult to give up can give you the most gratification and joy! 

3 comments:

  1. I gave up facebook about 4 years ago and it has been well worth it! Pizza is the best ever I would never be able to pull that one off! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to think of something to give up for lent but nothing came to mind. I'm not much of a soda drinker, I don't have FB so I just never said what I was giving up. Goodluck though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at the laundry. I was like, you can give up laundry for Lent? Awesome! Seriously though, I enjoyed your observations on the things you enjoyed when you stopped checking FB on your phone.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)