IVF Round #5 Update - Retrieval went well

Today was retrieval day and everything went great.

My husband went first checking in at 6:30am, surgery at 7:30. I was prepping for my 8:30 retrieval when the Dr. came out to tell me it was a success.  He went as easy as possible knowing how deep he would have to go to retrieve what he needed. This was his second time doing this surgery.  He had a very difficult recovery after his last one.

I went in at 8:30am and was done within the hour.  This was my 5th retrieval. I woke up well from the anesthesia and barely felt cramps.   It is now hours later and I can't believe how great I feel.  I normally feel extremely sore and want to sleep all day.  Ok I did take a nap when I got home but that was due to the 5am wake up and excitement leading up to the big event than that I needed it - like prior rounds. Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to go to the mall or gym or anything.

I had 7 folicals 3 days ago
They retrieved 10.  This is above average for me. Yay!



I will find out tomorrow how many fertilized and they will be secured in the Embryoscope by then.
See here for Embryoscope 

I feel relieved and real positive!  Lucky round 5?

My crackers and tea after retrieval 


Resting after retrieval 


5 comments:

  1. Yay 10 is great!!! Having the retrieval scares me a little but I figure at this point I can handle it! If you have any recommendations or tips for before and after I'd love to hear them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Drink tons of water the day before! I've done 5 rounds and each one I recovered different. Listen to your body!

      Delete
  2. That's amazing news! 10! Hope u get a great fertilization report and they keep growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I am keeping my head up and high hopes!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear that everything is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)