Infertility


I have been posting my journey as I've gone starting Jan. 2014 and with life posts in-between I have decided to make it easy for those of you that want to just follow my infertility journey.

(please see links within this timeline)



MY IVF TIMELINE by month

October 2012: Our first Round of IVF
5 follicles were retrieved and 2 made it to transfer a 5 cell and 7 cell
Surprise!!!  We got pregnant! 
It was not meant to be there was no heartbeat at 12 weeks 
I had to have a DNC and have it removed.  

June 2013: IVF Round 2
I made about the same amount of follicles 5/6
2 made it to transfer 6 cell and 4 cell
I had a chemical pregnancy which tok some time for the #s to come down

November 2013: I am ready to start round 3
When I went in for my Day 1 Blood work a surprise came back...
My thyroid level was off ...way off!  
That week I saw an endocrinologist, got diagnosed with hypothyroidism and was put on 1. mg of levothyroxine

Feb 2014: Thyroid Levels came back to normal

Feb/March 2014: Round 3 of IVF
6 follicles were retrieved and 2 made it to transfer 3 days later
one was a slightly fractured 8 cell and a 6 cell
I transferred both 2 eggs on my moms birthday!  I was so optimistic!  
But Neither took :(  BFN (Big Fat Negative)

June 2014: 4th Round of IVF 
My doctor wanted to try a new protocol called Micro-flare
With acupuncture I made a whopping 12 follicles!
Sadly 1 embryo was formed but did make it to a day 3 transfer - although poor quality   
BFN (Big Fat Negative)
BFN

October 2014:  My husband and I have been doing acupuncture in hopes that it will help both myself  with stress etc.. and possibly give us a round with fresh sperm.  Honestly.. it's a long shot and we have been told so but my hopes are high and spirits are up.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Design by Studio Mommy (© Copyright 2014)